Inspired by the centennial of Alberto Ginastera’s birth, Classical Revolution PDX is sending intrepid musicians into Multnomah County to share music written by Latin American composers of today and yesteryear.
The Multnomah County Cultural Coalition awarded CRPDX a grant to help support this outreach adventure and the board is asking for proposals from the great musical community of PDX to accomplish this mission.
We seek musicians who can craft an amazing outreach program and charismatically share it with a wide range of audiences: squiggly, inquisitive 4th and 5th graders at an underserved elementary school, curious retirees ready for stimulating ideas that teach them something new, bustling business folk out on lunch break.
This series of three performances pays $200 per event for each player. $3000 cap for all three performances. Ensembles of 3+ welcome to submit proposals. Fee awarded in full after the final performance.
The three dates and performance venues:
- May 20, 2016 at Kelly Elementary School: two 40 minute performances – one for the 4th graders, the other for the 5th graders. 20 minutes of music followed by 20 minutes of interactive Q&A.You must be available to perform between the hours of 8:00am and 2:30pm on Friday, May 20, 2016.
- May 21, 2016 at Multnomah County Library, Central Branch, Collins Gallery: 60 minutes of music; 30 minutes of interactive Q&A/engaging lecture demo; 30 minutes of meet and greet.You must be available to perform between the hours of 1:00pm to 3:00pm on Saturday, May 21, 2016.
- June 4, 2016 at the Festival of Flowers at Pioneer Courthouse Square: one 60 minute performance.You must be available to perform between the hours of 12:00 noon to 1:00pm on Saturday, June 4, 2016.
Here’s what we need from you:
Email your proposal to email@example.com with the following
- Confirmation that you can perform on all three dates at all three venues.
- The name of your ensemble, performer names and the instruments they play.
- Your Latin American themed program and what makes it Revolutionary.
- Links to examples of your ensemble in performance including video: website, vimeo, youtube, soundcloud, etc.
- Why you’re interested in this project.
- How you would adapt your program to each of the three venues and audiences.
- Do you have prior experience presenting music to elementary aged kids? Do you know how to present something that is engaging, funny, and will fascinate them? Describe.
You are responsible for bringing and setting up equipment necessary for your program.
We have a keyboard and some sound equipment available for use as needed.
Deadline for proposals: April 8, 2016.
Notifications of our decision will go out the week of April 18, 2016.
Thank you and please don’t hesitate to email with questions and ideas,
Mario, Maria, Margaret, Martin, Mike, Joel, Ben, and Nora (your CRPDX board)